Throughout my career I have used my media knowledge to work in PR as a press officer, primarily in the sports arena. These roles involve acting as a liaison between the press and the sportspeople or organisations I represent, ensuring that everyone gets what they need in the way of coverage and media exposure.
Highlights of my work in this field include:
- Press Officer with Team GB in Sydney at the 2000 Olympics
- Chief Press Officer at the Team GB holding camp, Cyprus, for the 2004 Athens Olympics
- Chief Press Officer to Team England at the Manchester Commonwealth Games 2002
- Press Officer at the Flora London Marathon 2003 – 9, Virgin London Marathon 2010 – ongoing
- Press Officer for the Flora Light Marathon 2004,5, Hydro Active Challenge 2006 -Â 8, adidas 5K 2009 – ongoing
- Press Operations Manager for Wimbledon Championships, 2009 – ongoing
Prior to this I was Media Manager at API (now Octagon) and liaised with press on a number of events including the Five (now Six) Nations and the Allied Dunbar Premiership. I also worked in the press office for Athletics events. Before that I worked for TEAM Marketing in Switzerland working with UEFA press officers on Champions League matches around Europe.
In 1999 I set up my own Sports PR consultancy, Vision Sports PR.